Wednesday, November 16, 2011

The story of my shoes

I bought two pairs of shoes some Friday.This is one of them.
I will never know who made these shoes. 
I will never know if at any part of the production was illegal.
I will never know who was even responsible for making these shoes because the company just doesn't have a web page.

You see, this is why I am so into making my own clothes. Then again, I will probably never really know how the fabric is produced anyway! Sometimes it really makes me worry how dreadfully much we consume. Take a look at the IPhone. As I understand, each time a new version comes out, people exchange phones without even hesitating. This is also the reason why I haven't been rushing to buy a new phone or made any other big investment in money lately. If you can look past relatively big generalizations, I think you will enjoy this video and I hope it will make you think before you rush to buy a new "Made in China". (:
 The font is Olho de Boi but I think this signature thing is temporary ;)

No comments:

Post a Comment